Taken on our way to St. Pölten – a one-hour train ride from Vienna coming from the train station Westbahnhof. During such a trip I let the kids take their portable game consoles and they play. I, on the other hand, would take photos of the scenery outside, especially of the green, brown, yellow fields. — Spring! The lively colors I always love to take photos of.
Green and Yellow Fields
I’m assuming this to be rice paddies…but I could be mistaken…There are times when the fields are yellow and for sure those are mustard. The ride from Vienna to our destination are full of trees too save for some small villages that would appear in the middle of all those greens.
If you haven’t yet, you can contribute your own photos to our Drive By blog. Simply take shots of the scenery or anything outside while you were in a vehicle….that would be fun – including the motion and reflection from inside the vehicle…
Train from Vienna to St.Polten (St.Pölten)
There are different train lines that you can take from Vienna’s Westbahnhof to St.Pölten, and depending on the line, it can take from 1 hour to more than 2…so choose which one you’d take. We really don’t mind the long ride as we can enjoy the scenery all the way.
Update 2012: The trains now run as little as 30 minutes, much to the kids delight.
Getting to St. Pölten from Vienna by train is convenient and straightforward. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Depart from Vienna: Start at one of the main train stations in Vienna, such as Wien Hauptbahnhof (Vienna Central Station) or Wien Westbahnhof (Vienna West Station).
- Check the Train Schedule: Consult the train schedule to find a suitable train departure time. Trains from Vienna to St. Pölten typically run frequently throughout the day, with both regional and intercity connections available.
- Purchase Tickets: You can buy train tickets at the train station from the ticket counter or ticket machines. Alternatively, you can purchase tickets online in advance through the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) website or other authorized ticketing platforms.
- Board the Train: Proceed to the designated platform for the train heading to St. Pölten. Pay attention to the train number and destination displayed on the departure boards and the train itself. Double-check that you’re boarding the correct train.
- Enjoy the Journey: Once onboard, find a seat and enjoy the scenic ride from Vienna to St. Pölten. The journey takes approximately 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the type of train you choose.
Arrive in St. Pölten: When you reach St. Pölten Hauptbahnhof (St. Pölten Central Station), disembark from the train. The station is located near the city center, making it convenient to explore the attractions in St. Pölten.